Monday, November 29, 2010

Introduction and Group Member Biographies: The Real Team Ultra Awesome

     It is our goal for this project to analyze the symbols within art that represent the Trinity as a means of better understanding this genre. In order to do this we have complied a variety of paintings, mosaics, frescoes, and sarcophagi from Rome, Florence, Venice, Siena, Paris, and London. As we began our research we quickly discovered that there was more to this type of art than a simple hand gesture and that there is much more to be considered in regard to a piece of art such as the patron, the location, the time period, or even the medium. It is through all of these things that we have learned that Trinitarian Art is much more complex than we originally thought and that in reality it is a very helpful way to understand art as a whole.

     Hi! I am 5’7” with brown hair. I enjoy candle-lit dinners followed by a long walk on the beach and a romantic kiss goodnight. Who am I? Well, in all seriousness, I am Joe. I am currently a junior at Geneva College with a major in Student Ministry. Considering the number of courses I have taken that revolve around Scripture for my major I have come to greatly admire the work of Paul, thus for my individual research paper I have chosen to look at the life of St. Paul and his importance as made clear by San Paulo Fuori le Mura. Furthermore, I analyzed Trinitarian Theology as interpreted by Paul in the book of Romans.

     With a strong love for Gerard Butler, and a passion for children my life is simply a fairytale. Okay so maybe it isn’t exactly a fairytale, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I’m Beth, and currently I am a sophomore at Roberts-Wesleyan College studying Social Work. While in Florence I was given the opportunity to see the magnificent Masaccio painting of the Trinity located in Santa Maria Novella. After this experience I developed an interest in the life of Masaccio, so I have decided to make that the topic of my individual research paper.

     After my daily stroll through Trastevere I enjoy reading People Magazine and eating Magnum bars but only on Thursdays of course, with my other half. You may have guessed it by now, I’m Rebekah. I attend Judson University with a major in Communication with an emphasis in Business. With training in communication I have come to appreciate the things that often go unnoticed. Raphael’s famous painting The School of Athens often overshadows its complementary painting Disputation of the Sacraments because of this fact I have chosen to look at the latter of the two paintings as well as its placement in the Vatican Museum.

     Hey y’all! While I may not have succeeded in converting a large number of Priests by a flirtatious wink, I have mastered the art of the nonverbal communication way of saying “Ciao!”, and that’s legit. In case you weren’t sure, I’m Kylie. I am a sophomore at Geneva College studying Political Science with the intent of being the future President of the United States. I have decided to look at the symbols of the Trinity and the history of the development of those symbols based on their Scriptural significance.


In bocca al lupo. Crepi!

No comments:

Post a Comment